Ready to take your home vegetable garden to the next level?
This basic course is designed to help beginning gardeners take the next steps to a more organized and abundant garden, without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides. The range of topics will be broad, and coverage will general of all topics. Questions are welcome throughout.
List of topics include:
- Maximizing your garden space--How to plan for a more abundant harvest all season long.
- Soil health--An introduction to soil tests, amendments and beneficial soil organisms.
- Timing your plantings--Basic information about frost dates and when to plant what.
- Watering--How to water properly.
- Pest control--Dealing with pests without harmful chemical pesticides.
- Harvesting--Tips on when to harvest, and how to prolong the shelf life of vegetables after you harvest.
- Troubleshooting in the garden--An introduction to diagnosis and appropriate actions to take when problems arise.
Hand-outs and a list of trusty resources will be provided.
Registration is $18 for members, $20 for non-members. Participants are welcome to send email requests of specific garden issues. To register, email us at email@example.com, or call us at (845)204-8769.
Bring a sack lunch for a picnic at the Seed Library afterwards. Water will be available on-site, please bring a water bottle.
When: Saturday, August 11 from 10-12.
Where: Hudson Valley Seed Library
484 Mettacahonts Road
Accord, NY 12404